Summary: Partner with second recreational assistant, as well as youth house staff to implement, oversee, and participate in the sports and leisure activities of our students. Creativity and engagement are needed to fill this role.
- Implement community based recreational activities for weekend and after school program schedule developed by Recreation Coordinator and Residential Manager
- Provide scheduled weekly open recreational activities for specific clusters of houses at the school
- Facilitate transportation and supervision assigned students at scheduled Belmont SPORT activities.
- Lead swim groups at the YMCA and other venues as scheduled including swimming with assigned students
- Lead recreation groups in residences; such as; baking groups, game groups, fitness groups and craft groups
- Assist Recreation Coordinator with planning and running agency wide social events, such as; Halloween Dance, Spring Formal, New Year's Eve party
- Provide special recreational activities during school vacations and long weekends.
- Must be able to perform C.P.I/ C.P.R (full training provided)
- Sunday: 9am -7pm
- Monday and Tuesday: 2pm -9pm
- Wednesday: 12pm -9pm
- Thursday: 2pm -9pm
- Minimum of Associate's Degree preferred; those with similar experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Good interpersonal skills, maturity, engaging, and FUN
- Willingness to learn from skilled professionals
- Able to swim