Hiring Per Diem Residential Assistants with at least one year experience with a similar population as well as current CPR and Crisis Prevention Intervention certification (or similar) to start immediately.
Summary: Individuals in this role would be in a pool of versatile, and knowledgeable direct care staff with given availability to fill in for a gap in a shift as needed. The need could be in any one of a cluster of youth homes. Ideal for those with the flexibility to pick up shifts and earn extra without a full-time commitment or as a first step in a Guild for Human Services career path.
- Work as a cohesive team member to maintain a clean, safe, and positive environment for individuals at the assigned workplace.
- Assist in the implementation of each individual's IEP and daily activity schedule.
- Practice positive behavior supports and individual behavior plans for assigned persons.
- Assist in record keeping and data collection.
- Provide supervision of assigned individual(s) to the exact best care possible.
- Able to transport individuals as needed.
- Maintain training requirements.
- Contribute to The Guild’s mission and values of service.
Essential Role Functions:
- Demonstrate evidence of mature judgment, good interpersonal skills, and a desire to enrich individuals’ lives.
- Willingness to learn from skilled professionals.
- Physical and mental capacity to work in stressful situations and de-escalate individuals with limited cognition and complex needs.
- Maintain communication with Guild management and return contact within a reasonable timeframe.
- Prior experience with population and challenges of Guild individuals.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check clearance.